Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Study Site Humanities & Art 8B

Opening Circle
Reviewed protocols and listened to a reading about sensory imagery.
Drawing Lesson
We focused on Depth of field, Focal length, Focus, and Filter. We spread out and chose something to draw using those skills.
Senses Activity
We broke into small groups and then in pairs, closing our eyes and letting our partners lead us around blind and helping us focus on our senses. Then we recorded on a piece of paper what we heard, felt and smelled.
Solitude and reflection
After lunch we reviewed what it was like drawing a depth of field and doing the senses activity. Then we spread out and wrote a reflection using our senses.
Closing circle
We did a quick circle after loading the gear in the bus and had a few people share their reflections they wrote.
                
      Tumalo creek. The place where beauty cannot be defined. It’s the sound of rushing water that calms me.  I feel like I blend right in, not by the things I wear but with the emotions I feel connecting me with Tumalo creek.
   ---- Emma, Ryan, Hayden, Marina and Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment