Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Intake Falls 8B


Opening Circle
We enjoyed an opening circle outside of the intake, while listening to the water flow by.

Recording Forms
After the opening circle we dispersed ourselves and began to read different articles about the filter project. We then recorded what we read on yellow recording forms.

Intake Tour
We were lucky enough to get a tour of the intake building, and see how Bend gets its water.

Tumalo Falls
After the intake we went to Tumalo falls and lunch with a cool view of the valley.

Bridge Creek Hike
When we finished lunch we went on another hike to Bridge Creek falls to see where Bend gets its water.

Solitude and Reflection
We all found places to think alone and reflect on a topic relating to Bends water supply.

Closing Circle
It was a long hike back to the bus but when we made it we had a short circle then left.


The spot where I sit provides a view of no human activity. Pine trees and different sorts of bushes along with brown and orange dry crumpled up leaves cover the ground, while my ears are taken by the small sound of the falls.
My mind is brought to the thought of how I have impacted a place like Tumalo, good and bad. I dropped a piece of trash for a second. I felt a lazy urge to not pick it up, but within three seconds millions of thoughts hit my head: “What if everyone here left one piece of trash? What if I leave this trash and an animal eats it and dies?” So many thoughts, so I decided to pick it up. 
If everyone didn’t pick up their trash this place would be horrendous. I don’t really think people realize how much money and work and craziness goes into turning on your faucet to get a cup of water. I sure didn’t think about it until now.

No comments:

Post a Comment