Monday, November 7, 2011

Science Final Study Site 8B


Briefing
We prepped for the day ahead by reading equipment and getting recording forms.

Opening Circle
When we arrived at Tumalo we circled up and went over protocols and learning targets, and split into groups.
 
Work Period,
Groups went to work areas and collected data and samples, on both sides of the creek

Solitude and Reflection
We wrote about the day and the project as a whole, then left and went home.     


          Tumalo Creek is located west of Bend. The Realms Eighth grade class has been going out to Tumalo since the fall and collecting data at this place. My relationship with Tumalo has changed since the first day we went out. When we started going to Tumalo I thought it was a rad place because of all the natural beauty, but I didn’t really understand what this place had been through. Now that I’ve gotten to study and learn about this place I can look at it through a new mindset and understand it fully. I can now go out to Tumalo and take in all of the natural beauty, but also know what it took for this place to become what it is now.             
---Emmett

No comments:

Post a Comment